Wiley offers Institution_widefull-text access up to 30th September 2017.
- All Journals beyond 908 E-shodhsindhu consortium
- Unlimitted users and unlimited downloads are allowed.
- Login or Register on Wiley Online Library
- Click here to select the journals you would like to receive e-alerts from
- Click ‘Get email alerts’ once you’ve selected the journals
The Program is scheduled on 14th September 2017 at Raman Auditorium between 10.30Am to 12Noon.
Session would cover – Web of Science, End note and Research aspects, useful to research scholars and faculty. Make it convenient to attend and enhance your knowledge.
Purpose of the Session:
- It will encourage the optimum usage of the e-Resources like Web of Science™ and EndNote available to the end-users.
- It will enable the researchers to use the platform in a more effective manner in their research workflow.
The session includes:
- A short presentation explaining the basis and the need for the platform.
- A detailed live demo explaining the various features of the platform and how it can be used by researchers using live examples.
Live Demo on:
For Web of Science:
- Citation analysis and reports, h-Index of authors & institutions
- Analysis of search results to find Top authors, journals, institutions, publications etc.
- Research output and impact on overall h-Index
- Impact Factor and its significance in research
- Various search methods and refine search options
- Tools available for disambiguation of authors and institutions
- Analyze and find the co-authors, access collaborations and find suitable funding agencies based on research area
- Various methods of building a library in EndNote
- Ways of finding the best-fit /most suitable journal for a manuscript ready for publishing
- Creating various types of Groups and assigning/sharing references
- Adding annotations/notes and highlighting in full-text
- Writing citations & references using the ‘Cite-while-you-write’ feature
Benefits to our institution:
Clarivate Analytics believe that Web of Science™ and EndNote can be of immense help to your institution when it comes to research excellence.
It will not only increase the usage but will also boost the research output of your institution which in turn will help in transforming your institution to a center of excellence.
Who should attend this session:
All those who intent to use the platform of Web of Science™ and EndNote should attend this session including researchers, scientists, Ph.D. Scholars, faculty, students and LIS professionals.
UGC – Public Notice dt. 01/09/2017
UGC has published the Draft Regulations, 2017 on – Promotion of Academic Integrity and Prevention of Plagiarism in Higher Educational Institutions.
The Feedback and comments on the above draft may be sent to UGC through email – email@example.com on or before 3oth Septembet,2077.
University of Hyderabad received 2016 Highest Usage Award for ACS Chemistry for Life (American Chemical Society) under eShodh Sindhu Consortium.
The award was presented at 11th International CALIBER 2017, jointly organized by the INFLIBNET Centre, Ahemedabad and Anna University, Chennai (August 2-4, 2017). Balani Infotech has presented the award for ACS. Dr. N. Varatharajan, University Librarian, IGM Library received the award on behalf of the University on August 3, 2017.
Scopus article-level metrics have now been enhanced through the integration of PlumX Metrics. The Plum Analytics’ is comprehensive, item-level Metrics. PlumX Metrics provide insights into the ways people interact with individual pieces of research output (articles, conference proceedings, book chapters and many more) in the online environment. (Source – Elsevier)
Click the link to know more –
For considering API Scores (in career advancement / recruitment in college and universities) for the articles published in journals, UGC has listed Journal titles for sciences, social sciences, arts & humanities
Refresher Course in LIS is scheduled for the current academic year from 8.12.2017 to 28.12.2017 @ HRDC (UOH)
Organized by HRDC and IGM Library, UoH
Click the link for full details